Reality of Nature vs. Human Reality

Nature is inert, man is progressive. Nature has no consciousness, man is endowed with it. Nature is without volition and acts perforce whereas man possesses a mighty will. Nature is incapable of discovering mysteries or realities whereas man is especially fitted to do so. Nature is not in touch with the realm of God, man is attuned to its evidences. Nature is uninformed of God, man is conscious of Him. Man acquires divine virtues, nature is denied them. Man can voluntarily discontinue vices, nature has no power to modify the influence of its instincts. Altogether it is evident that man is more noble and superior; that in him there is an ideal power surpassing nature. He has consciousness, volition, memory, intelligent power, divine attributes and virtues of which nature is completely deprived, bereft and minus; therefore man is higher and nobler by reason of the ideal and heavenly force latent and manifest in him.

'Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - 'Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 236

2 comments:

ryran said...

Hey! Awesome idea. I hope you can keep it up! (If you can't and want to spread the load, I, for one, would totally be willing to help make posts!)

I also wanted to let people know about a quote of the day mailing list that is pretty huge. No website that I know of; it's just email. You can get added by sending an email request with your name and where you live (don't have to be a Baha'i) to nufaith a la sylvaniabahai dot o r g

That said, I personally think feeds are much better suited as a medium. Or I guess I'll just say that I would prefer to use feeds to email. :) So anyway, thanks!

Gaijin21 said...

At some point I would consider making this semi-automated or put together a team to make a post once to twice a day. If or when I put together a team, you will be the first to be called! Thank you for your input and support!